Baked Black Cod
by Chef Ramesh Ganiga, Quilon
|500||grs||Black Cod (Fillet and cut into large chunks)
|-||-||Salt, to taste
|-||-||Oil, for frying
- 1. Clean, wash and dry the fish with clean cloth and keep aside.
- 2. In a clean sauce pan combine the tamarind pulp, jaggery, chilli powder, honey, crushed garlic, fenugreek, vinegar, salt and 1 cup of water.
- 3. Bring the mixture to boil and cook till it becomes thick. (Saucy consistency). Strain through the strainer and cool.
- 4. Marinade the fish with the mixture for at least 2 hours.
- 5. Heat a pan or a tawa, pour little oil and seal the fish until it turns dark brown, remove from the pan and place it over a baking sheet and bake at 210-230 degree ‘C’ for 5-6 min.
- 6. Heat the remaining marination in a pan and pour little water to thin it down.
- 7. Remove the fish to a serving plate and spoon the little sauce over the fish, serve hot.